Sunday, July 17, 2011

Random 2

Abruptly, i just feel like updating my blog. I'm that kind of person that like to express my feeling or speaking out my thought. And normally my friends would be my victims listener. Luckily, i got a blog. Or else my friends' eardrum might suffer and getting less elastic (LOL!). So, instead of annoying my friends, i just write down not all (coz it's impossible), half of what i wanted to say here! :)

This afternoon, i attended my Level 2 Japanese Language Class. (You: not again...==) Again, it was fun and interesting, but this time, it's a bit different. There's a new student in my class. it's not that i don't like her, she's the another me who likes to ask question. It's ok to ask question, but she's asking in cantonese... T^T and of coz, my teacher will answer her questions in cantonese. I can say, my teacher is really cool! he understands a lot of languages! :) japanese of coz, chinese, cantonese, english, malay, a little bit of korean, hokkien.... Well, living in a multiracial country, you actually get the chance to speak different languages.^^ Lol, out of topic.== So that girl, her mother tongue is cantonese ( i think ), and i had quite a hard time to understand totally what my teacher explained. I hate to admit this, but i'm really sucked in cantonese. So embarrassing to say that, growing up in this city where cantonese is one of the most spoken dialect, i still cant speak this dialect fluently. i can understand the basics, but if talking about the normal conversation which you can hear in drama or news or whatever, i need subtitles.Therefore, the only solution is, learn Japanese & Cantonese at the same time. lol.

Anyway, teacher taught us ALL katakana today. I still can remember some now ( it's not easy, they somehow look almost the same!). ^^ so probably after few weeks, i could master this katakana and finally able to read an article that contains both hiragana & katakana. YAY!! Problem is kanji. You can't just memorize it, there are lots of lots of kanji. And becoz' i'm chinese educated, i tend to mix up the meaning of the kanji with chinese words, as most kanji look exactly the same like chinese but most of them are different meaning. i was surfing the youtube channels this afternoon, and found out some video clips which teaches Japanese language. i can say, the way the video teaches Japanese is sooo effective, but quite torturing. == There are some weird techno music background with some beat. and they just teach you the word by repeating it so many times. For an example, hot in japanese is "atsui" which you pronounce it as あ(a) - つ(tsu) - い(i). so with the background music & beat, they just go: "a-a-a-a-a-a-a-tsu-tsu-tsu-tsu-i, a-a-a-a-a-tsu-tsu-i, a-tsu-i, atsui." or cold in japanese is samui which you pronounce it as さ(sa) む(mu) い(i). and they go "sa-sa-sa-sa-sa-sa-sa-mu-mu-mu-mu-i, sa-sa-sa-sa-sa-mu-mu-i........."
effective right?? ==

Since katakana is used for foreign words in Japanese, my teacher asked us to write our name in katakana. My name is "Yuqing", and using katakana, my name is "ユチン" which pronounce as " Yu- chi-n" although is a little bit different, but i'm HAPPY. :DDD
That's all for Japanese Language class.

The next thing i wanted to say is. I had such a great time on friday & saturday. I was actually on the cloud nine. SOOO happy. Friday, my lecturer had meeting and most of my classes were cancelled and i went out with my friend - Jeen Vern to Pavillion~~~ i did not tell my parents though. (naughty.) Photos will be uploaded as soon i got the mood and extra time. Big thank you to Jia Yao who fetched us.
Next day (saturday), after the telematch in school. We went to the BON ODORI. SUPER SUPER SUPER HAPPY. i've been looking forward to this Japanese Cultural Festival for years, and finally this year, i got the chance to attend it. Photos will be uploaded later also. and big, huge, giant thank you to Jia Yao again. Will tell the story later in the post. :)

Got to back to my house chores. Bye! :D

"sneak peek" of the next posts.

The mouth watering food


The "Liverpool" event


Bon odori 2011



-X-

No comments: