Monday, December 5, 2011

Bro's 16th Birthday

Yesterday was my evil cute brother's 16th birthday.
We spent quite some time thinking of where to celebrate his birthday.
I wanted to try the El Cerdo , but my dad said it's Sunday, Bkt Bintang would have traffic jam.
so, our final decision was -Alexis.
which, located in Bangsar and also The Gardens.
Of coz', we went to the The Gardens's outlet.

This was not our first time to eat in Alexis.
But since i ate the Tiramisu which bought by my sister, i wanted to go there again so much.
We sat at the same table like last time. Coincidence.
I have to say, i really like the decoration there. 
Due the place where i sat, i could not take nice photo of the restaurant. so no photo. lol.
The interesting is. the menu is just a piece of white paper with black words.


 Say hello to my very cool dad :)

 

Brother's Seafood Spaghetti.
tiger prawns, mussels & calamari in roma tomato sauce.
Well, i did not try it, so i don't know how it taste like. lol.

 My sister's Wild Mushroom Risotto
arborio rice with girolle & ceps, white truffle oil
I wanted to order this previously, but since my sister wanted to eat this, i changed to Fish & Chips.
I tasted a spoon of it.
I still prefer Bel Pasto's (an Italian Restaurant). :)

My Fish & Chips.
Dory Fillet, French Fries & Tartare sauce
The thick fillet fillet is coated with very nice crisp.
Love the tartare sauce!! lovely.
However...
I still prefer Delicious's..
which more else the same, have nice fillet, a lot of french fries and nice SALAD which here don't have. :)

My mom's Nasi Ulam
with lemongrass curry chicken, prawn berempah, eggplant & kerabu pucuk paku
I did not try it, but according to my mom,
 it taste super nice.
I like the colour of the whole dish. :)

My dad's Nasi Lemak 
According to him, it taste nice also!
  
Itadakimasu.
My brother took this. i like it. hehe.

Overall. it was nice. but next time i would only order the local food or pizza.
Anyway, i will come back again for TIRAMISU!!!! for sure.
*** LOVE the name of the restaurant.

 We were still not full. lol. = =
Our next destination:

Since the "table cloth" is a paper and pencils were provided, my brother just drew on it. :D

My sister and brother ordered this Hot chocolate lava cake with ice cream.
While my parents and I shared this Afternoon tea set (although is not afternoon. lol.)

that consist of:
-2 cups of coffee/ tea


-2 pieces of scones with cream & jam
-2 pieces of chocolate pralines

-1 tiramisu
-1 creme brulee
-1 piece of opera cake

-2 pieces of mushroom quiche
-2 pieces of tomato brushetta
-2 pieces of toasted sandwiches

this whole pyramid cost : RM48.90 !!
Freaking EXPENSIVE.
My dad knew that i wanted to try it so much so he did not say much.
but i really felt very very very bad D:
I would NEVER order this again.

Anyway.... i still like the
creme brulee. it was coffee flavoured.
i really like the texture of this dessert and this does not have heavy smell of egg. :)

Mushroom quiche
ermm, not bad. 

the chocolate. it's lovely.

 I don't really like the tiramisu.
not the one that i would want to eat the second time.

Tomato brushetta was.... ok..

sconess!! i really like sconess^^
but this cream is not really cream i think.
it taste more like egg white. i think it's not "blended" enough. lol.

i still love the combination of cream and the jam though. :D

My brother's artistic drawing.


I don't know why i like the lizard. = =
it's really very artistic for me. LOL.

After we left the Gardens, we went to the Renaissance Hotel to get the birthday cake.
We seriously had no idea what flavour is the cake (until now also, even though we had eaten it. lol)
it is a VERY unique cake which i don't know how to describe. = =


lol. not my birthday also.

Fattening cream balls. LOL.
we were "destroying" the cake, that's why it looked so ugly. haha.

Dear brother, although sometimes you are so so so so so not cute,
but you are still my cute brother.
( i meant cute in terms of attitude + behaviour + personality )

HAPPY 16th BIRTHDAY!!

i still love you laa.

-X-

3 comments:

groovykhim said...

My god. You're really a food queen.

All the food are like.. .. .. (Y)


Kudos to you who can describe them so well. And you're so lucky to get to taste so many.. .. .. yummy food :3

-NYT- said...

ehh!!! i wanna try the pyramid ler..looks very nice ^^

YuqingX said...

>Pk: food queen?? sounds nice!! XD haha, lol no laa.. i'm not.
Yes, i am. I'm SO grateful. :)

>Yt, okok only laa... next time bring you to try another restaurant ^^

-X-